Updated FDA Legislation Aimed at Bringing Food Industry Standards to Levels Existing in Pharmaceutical Industry.
COSTA MESA, Calif. - May 22, 2010 - SYSPRO, a developer of best-of-breed, award-winning enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for on-premise and cloud-based utilization, announced today that SYSPRO ERP enables food manufacturers and distributors to fully comply with the newest rules recently issued to the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act.
According to SYSPRO, the company's ERP software enables food manufacturers and distributors to fully comply with the newest provisions of the FDA Food Safety Act. These include:
- The company's computer system should be fully able to track Lot Controls and Shelf Life Dates of all products in both received and outgoing shipments;
- If a recall occurs, the food manufacturer and/or distributor should know exactly which customers received products from the specified lot number;
- When inventory is received or shipped, the system should be able to determine if a product is beyond the desired threshold for shelf life;
- Products being shipped should be checked to see if they are outside the customer's threshold for shelf life. If it doesn't meet the threshold shelf life, it should not be shipped.
- Shipping the product beyond the customer's threshold shelf life will result in returns, double freight bills and dissatisfied customers.
According to Joey Benadretti, President, SYSPRO USA, "SYSPRO has always concentrated on the stringent needs and requirements of pharmaceutical and food and beverage manufacturers and distributors, adding specialized functionalities to its single DNA software offering that promote regulatory compliance as well as operational efficiencies and profits."
The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), the most sweeping reform of US food safety laws in more than 70 years, was signed into law by President Obama on January 4, 2011. The Act aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by shifting the focus from responding to contamination to preventing it. Congress has been adding new rules to the act since its passage, the target being to implement the same levels of safety as those governing pharmaceuticals.
The Missing Link
Since its inception in 1978, SYSPRO has been delivering
state-of-the-art business solutions to some of the world's leading companies.
As a global leader in the production of world-class ERP software, the company
now caters to the specialized needs of 14,000 licensed companies in more than
60 countries worldwide. SYSPRO is marketed globally through regional territory
distribution centers and a global reseller network in the US, Canada, Africa,
Asia Pacific, Australia and the UK.
SYSPRO is a fully integrated business software solution that provides
complete control over the planning and management of all facets of business
including accounting, manufacturing and distribution operations in a variety of
For additional information on SYSPRO, call
Stanley Goodrich at 714/437-1000 or go to
All company names and products mentioned in this release are
trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.